The only thing that is constant is change. -- Heraclitis
Over time your body shape, style preferences and life circumstances change. Even if these personal aspects of your sartorial requirements don’t change for you, the culture you live in and the fashion industry both march on with no consideration whatsoever for your personal preferences. And so one day nearly everyone finds themselves staring at a closet stuffed full of clothes, thinking “I have nothing to wear”.
Most people wear just 20% of the clothes in their wardrobe at least 80% of the time. From here, the situation can deteriorate rapidly into a cluttered and dysfunctional wardrobe ... which is a source of stress ... which impacts negatively on your wellbeing.
The solution is a wardrobe detox and update. A wardrobe audit. Out with the old, and in with the new.
Of course the prospect of conducting a full wardrobe audit — of going through everything in your wardrobe and deciding what to keep, what to get rid of, what to fix and what to buy — can look really intimidating. The good news is that you can get help from an expert, which can make the process significantly easier at worst, and at best, surprisingly enjoyable.
During a wardrobe audit, a Presence of Mine image consultant will work with you to:
- individually review all the clothes you own
- ‘shop your wardrobe’ to see what items you already have but don’t use, which might be slightly altered or used in new outfits that make them earn their keep
- remove clothes which you no longer wear and cannot be altered or repurposed
- make a prioritised shopping list of clothes required to get your wardrobe working for you
- create systems for keeping your wardrobe organised
The price of a wardrobe audit is $400 for up to 3 hours, plus $70 for subsequent half hour (30 minute) increments.
To get the most value from your wardrobe audit, we recommend that you first determine which colours best suit you and what your personal style profile is.